
As soon as you walked off base, alleys of shops surround you in every direction. You name it, you can find it in S. Korea and it's dirt cheap!!! I miss shopping there. The Koreans knew when the military got paid so around the pay dates they wouldn't budge on their prices but other times you could always talk them down...I hated doing that!

Another monument
A Monument
Me with 2 RoK soldiers
Propaganda Tower & Village (on N. Korea soil)
N. Korean building. You can see a N. Korean soldier on the front porch. He's standing to the right of the American soldier's hat.
They changed to the smaller flags with the case covering them b/c a North Korean (think it was a soldier) shined his boots with the U.S. flag
A U.S. soldier & RoK (Republic of Korea) soldier. This table is where all the Presidents sit when they meet at the DMZ. If I remember correctly, the S. Koreans wanted to have this train go from S. Korea to N. Korea . Who knows if this will ever happen though!
At the DMZ, just got done hiking tunnel 3. Let me tell you that was a hike! Down in the tunnel I saw the walls covered in bullet holes from the war.
"MaMa", the owner of The Apple. A very sweet Korean lady!
My friend, Jume & me at The Apple
Namsan Seoul TowerHope you enjoyed exploring South Korea! If you ever get a chance to go there, go! It's a beautiful country & the people are friendly. It's so cute when you see young Koreans excited to see an American because they practice there English with you. Seoul is like lil' America. They have American restaurants and amusement parks. Some places to check out while at Osan AB; Happy Teriyaki ( a delicious restaurant), I can't remember what it's called but it's an ice cream shop on the main alley on the left side, 2nd floor. Yummy ice cream desserts where they put fruit, ice cream, & frosted flakes in a dish. Sounds a lil' unique but let me tell you...it's WONDERFUL! A must try when stationed/visiting Osan AB! And of course, shop, shop, shop till you drop! If I think of anything else, I'll update this blog!
*hugs*
Ash
Ash














No comments:
Post a Comment