Sunday, August 15, 2010

How We Met...


So I've been a lil' busy planning Scott & I's wedding that I barely have time to do anything but I am enjoying the whole wedding planning! Let's backflash to the year 2001. We both lived in Panama City, FL. He was stationed at Tyndall AFB & I was working on base at one of the shoppettes. I don't remember the exact day but I remember we made small talk when he came in to the shoppette...nothing major or inappropriate because I was married at the time. His mustang caught my eye...we still joke about that. He told me I could drive but when I went out to his car what do you know it was a manual! This chick didn't know how to drive a stick (and still doesn't...it's something he's gonna have to teach me how to do!) We had seen each other a few times around the base after that. He said he remembers seeing me at a party one of his friends had. I was wearing either a black skirt or dress (how he remembers this, I have no idea!) and I was dancing to a Jay Z song (now that sounds like me!). We both were at the WSS Christmas Party in 2002. The funny thing is he found a picture of me from that Christmas party. Another time we crossed paths was at my house. I was having a farewell party because my X was going to Korea for a year. Scott was at my house when he heard some good news...let's just say it was about his career :) For the last 6 months of living in P.C. I worked at Larry's BBQ waitressing. He'd come in to eat and we'd visit but nothing ever happened. He went his way and I went my way. Little did we know we'd reconnect in 2008. Now let's go to January 2008. He found me on good ole' myspace and sent an e-mail saying he was coming to Kadena in a few months(an AFB in Okinawa, Japan) for work and wanted to meet up with me and ____. We never did meet up at Kadena but almost a year later I flew to Alaska (Dec. 2008). Ever since then we have been together!

1 comment:

  1. aww little do we know when we meet someone what the future holds!

    ReplyDelete