"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, And obtains favor from the Lord." Proverbs 18:22
I have the Woman Thou Art Loosed Bible Edition by T.D. Jakes. I absolutely love it! Throughout the Bible are what Jakes calls Gospel Pearls and articles. Both relate to scriptures. I wanted to share the article that goes along with the verse above (Proverbs 18:22).
"How many single women do you know who are almost consumed by the desire to get married? There are so many women who are longing for a relationship they are not ready to receive. If you are going to walk with God, you must understand something: timing is everything! When the Lord has prepared the right man for you and you for him, and that man shows up at the right time, you must be sure that you are in the right place with the right perspective to receive all that God wants to relase to you.
The Bible says that 'He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord.' Often, because of old issues you havent' dealt with or old wounds that haven't healed, you may find yourself wandering around in a stupor somewhere, emotionally unprepared for a healthy relationship. You will not be able to be the 'good thing' you were meant to be in your husband's life. Unless you are healed and whole, your man will not feel that He's enjoying the Lord's favor in his relationship with you.
Ladies, men do not extist to bring the favor of the Lord to your lifes, either. You find favor of the Lord by being the woman He created you to be-by breaking the chains with which the devil had you bound, by knowing the Lord passionately and intimately, by walking in His power and worshiping Him with your life. You must take responsibility for making yourself, with God's help, the good thing He wants you to be.
Notice that the Bible does not say that whoever finds a woman finds a good thing. It says that whoever finds a WIFE finds a good thing. But how can you be a wife before you have a husband? You become a wife in your spirit. Yes, you become a wife in your spirit before you ever get married. That way, you will be prepared, if you do not have the anoiting of the Holy Spirit, you will find yourself dragging your ugly past into what could be the most beautiful relationship of your life.
My sister, do what you need to do in order to be whole. The Lord heals. The Lord mends. The Lord restores. And He will make you a woman of strength and grace and wholeness. When He has done His work in you, you will be such a good thing."
It's amazing how God works. The article above really hit home when I read it a couple weeks ago. I have a past that has left deep wounds. But thanks to God I am healing. I have made positive changes in my life while continuing to ask God for guidance. I'll be honest. It wasn't easy. I'm so used to "if I want something done, I'll take care of it...being in charge...doing it my way or when I'm ready, ya know?!!" I have learned that I alone cannot heal from my past. I'm still working on me but I'm so excited to stand here today and look back and see what God has brought me through! Thank you Lord! And to top it off I know that my future hubby, Scott will be able to "enjoy the Lord's favor!" :)
*Hugs*
Ash
I love this Ashley! So uplifting and what an encouraging reminder.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sam! Hope all is well! :-)
ReplyDelete