
Ok, so I have a pet peeve of people not putting their dog on a leash! It's truly annoying! Two days in a row Jax & I have gone on a walk in the morning and what do you know...we run into dogs that aren't locked up! Yesterday we ran met a boxer mix and some other huge dog. I can tell they had owners because they had collars but this chick wasn't getting close to them to call the owner...I'll explain the reason below! Today this guy had let his dogs out to go potty and when they saw Jax, they came running at us. Thankfully none of these dogs attacked us but let's go back to Okinawa in 2005!
So my bestie and & I are playing rummy and having a few drinks in the backyard! She lived on base in an area where there was four houses in a building. Go across the street and that's officer housing! Well there was a family that had kids and a tiny weiner dog. Jax and Guiness are on their leash outside playing together in my bestie's backyard! All of a sudden here comes this weiner dog running across the street to our dogs. I get outta my chair to go pick it up and return it to the owner. That's me being the animal lover...trusting any dog! Well I get close to it and it backs away not letting me get to it so I tell it to go home and turn my back! BIG mistake! As I'm walking away this freakin' dog comes runnin at me leaps in the air and bites the back of my thigh. It hurt like a mother!!! Laugh at me cuz I said that but it truly did...lol! It bit thru my jeans and left a mark. Luckly my skin didn't break! As I said before, not having your dog on a leash annoys me! So I walk over to the families house and ask the kids to get their mom or dad. As my bestie & I are talking to the mom explaining what happened the mom says, "Our dog is so nice, I can't believe that happened!" It gets better! Her kids say, "No it's not momma, she bites me all the time and I tell you that!" I nicely told the people to keep the dog on a leash as it's base regulation & I made sure the dog was caught up on all her shots! Thankfully she was! So the picture at the top of this blog entry is of my FIRST & ONLY dog bite!
No comments:
Post a Comment