Thursday, September 22, 2011

SOLD

My prayers have been answered…my house sold!  I turned my phone back on when my hubby and I's cruise ported back in the U.S.  I was hoping to have a couple messages.  Mainly I was thinking it’d be for jobs because I had turned my application in to a couple places.  Instead it was my realtor.  I had an offer!  My heart raced with excitement as this was the first serious offer I had. 
I back flashed to a couple years earlier when I moved back to the U.S.  I remember looking around in the area at apartments.  Some places wouldn’t rent to me because my dog, Jax, was too big.  I was also told at another place unless I was to find a roommate they wouldn’t rent to me because I was a full-time student.  I wanted to cry…I probably did!  It wasn’t that I wasn’t thankful for my parents opening up their home and allowing me to live with them.  What I wanted back was my INDEPENDENCE!  I wasn’t used to living at home.  I remember my dad trying to cheer me up by writing my “own” address on the door that leads to the basement from the garage.  The things dads do for their little girls!   It was like I had my own apartment.  They had a fully finished basement w/ a half-kitchen and full bath.  But I was tired of seeing all my belongings in boxes.  It made me depressed!  And being told that I couldn’t live here or there made me even more depressed.  Every day I would read the typed up note that my parents put on the fridge for me, “11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11.
After I told my parents about the rough day of searching for apartments, my dad looked at me and told me I should BUY a house.  I remember saying, “yea right!  I can’t afford that!”  In my head I was thinking about everything: I was going through a divorce, I’m a full-time student, part-time worker and relying SOLELY on my income.  How on earth can I afford to buy a house?!!!  So we started looking.  The first house I put my offer on I didn’t get.  Ok, so that wasn’t meant for me, right!?!  My dad finds another house.  He takes me to it.  We walked around.  I couldn’t believe he was even showing me this house.  It was a wreck and way too small.  It didn’t even have a kitchen.  I need a kitchen because I LOVE cooking & baking!  He told me all his plans he could do to it and make it bigger by adding a full kitchen and a garage.  I trusted him and so I put in my offer.  I remember telling my dad the next day that I prayed that night to God saying that if I am meant to own this house he will let it happen.  Dad said he pretty much said the same prayer.  Then I got the call…I was a home owner! 
 
Now my beautiful 2 bedroom, 1 bath home is no longer mine.  Thanks to all my family and friends for the love, support, prayers, and help in making this house become my home!  I don’t think they will ever fully know how grateful I was and still am for making this happen.  Never in a million years did I think I would own a home at a young age let alone by MYSELF.  It’s truly amazing what BLESSINGS will pour out at you when you give it over to God!

I share with you my house...before AND after pictures.    Enjoy! 


Before Pictures...
Front View
 Back View...Hearl working on my house!
Guest Bedroom

 Living room...window to left is front yard view

 Oh the beautiful bathroom w/ a gorgeous BLUE tub & toilet...lol. 


You're looking at the kitchen/laundry room.  The kitchen is on the right (see the sink) and then the w/d go next to the water heater.  It was soooo small!


 Standing in the kitchen looking towards the living room.
 Hearl making the whole bigger & BETTER!!!

 That's my dad working and his friend watching!

 My oldest brother was a HUGE help in getting my house done.  While cleaning it out, we came across some knives so we decided to have some fun while on the job!  Good thing Pa wasn't there that day..hehe!

Sitting in my beautiful blue tub! :p

 Coming soon: new addition of garage & kitchen area
My house before we put the new siding on

After Pictures....

 New siding, new windows, & a beautiful new front door
 Standing in the kitchen area...to the right is w/d room
 My favorite part of my home...the beautiful kitchen.  I wish I could have taken these cabinets with me...lol!  To the right of the kitchen is a glass sliding door leading to the back yard and to the left is the garage.
 I took this before it was fully done.  The area to the right is the room for the w/d. The area w/ the shelves was extra cabinet space for all my kitchen appliances.  We put doors on this!
 Standing in my bathroom looking at my bookshelf.  To the right you can see my living room.
 My new bathroom
 All new appliances for the bathroom.  Thank goodness I got rid of the blue stuff...hehe!
 My living room.  The windows to the left views the front yard and the window to the right views the driveway.
 Standing in my living room looking at my hallway.
 Guest bedroom...remember that nasty wall? (picture shown in before pix)  It's not so nasty after all!
 My bedroom
Standing in part of the kitchen area looking down the hallway.  Bedrooms at the end of the hallway on both sides.

*Hugs*
Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment