Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...

My 2010 Christmas tree! I didn't notice that she was titled at the top when I bought her but that's ok it gives her character, right?! :p




My Bible Study Girls & Their Hubbies
Christmas 2007
Okinawa, Japan


I can't believe it's that time of year again! These past few Christmas' have been a rollercoaster for me. From going through a divorce to my Grandpa's death last year right before the Holidays. This Christmas I have been able to enjoy time spent with family & baking Christmas cookies! I am so excited b/c this Christmas I will be spending it with my future hubby and step-daughter. Growing up I LOVED Christmas. I remember as a child having to sit at the top of the stairs with my brother Ryan waiting for the approval to come down to see what Santa brought us b/c of course we were on the "nice list." We'd race down the stairs and gasp in excitement as we saw all the toys under the tree! Then I'd go to my dad's and do Christmas with him and the rest of my OH family. Santa was always good to me!!! I could always count on snow being on the ground & freezing my lil' toosh! When I turned 18, I left my mother's house and married my high school sweetheart. He was in the military so we traveled around the world doing Christmas wherever he was stationed. Sometimes we were able to make it home to TX and other times we celebrated the special day with our military family (friends). I enjoyed having everyone over! I got to cook with my best friends (of course we'd kick the guys outta the kitchen) and spend the day fellowshiping with everyone. I'll never forget Christmas 2007. It was a rough time of year for me but thanks to God and my close friends in Okinawa I was able to celebrate Christmas. My Bible study girls & I decided that each of us will host something at each of our houses (there's a term for this but my mind drew a blank right now). I was hosting the desserts. I love to bake!!! That day I woke up in the same house as my husband yet we were getting a divorce so it was awkward for me. Somehow through all the drama that morning brought I was able to get dressed and put a smile on my face to spend the day with my dear girls and their hubbies! Honestly, I was dreading it! I almost called one of the girls to say I am staying home. Who wants to celebrate Christmas when your marriage is falling apart and you will be surrounded by your girlfriends and their hubbies? But I didn't & I am so thankful that I went! That day I didn't think twice about the crap I was going through but soaked in all the fun I was having with my friends. They probably don't know it but they helped me in so many ways and I am very thankful for each of them. They hold a special place in my heart!
I didn't post this so that people could gossip about my life. I shared this because for some reason it has been heavy on my heart so maybe there is someone out there that needed to read about someone else's life and see that they aren't alone. Everyone goes through difficult times! Lean on God and he will pull you through!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29: 11


4 comments:

  1. Ashley, isn't it just amazing to look back and see where we were not so long ago, to where we are now?!?! God has brought us so far in such a small amount of time! I'm so happy for you!!! Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's amazing girl!!! I'm so happy for you also! Merry Christmas & Happy New Years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you came that Christmas! It was called a progressive dinner. We had such a great time! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too Emily!!! I'll never forget it. Ha, thanks for the name cuz I totaly drew a blank! Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete